Harbourfront Theatre is seeking a Guest Services Manager:
Reporting to the Director of Operations and the Executive Director, the Guest Services Manager ensures the delivery of exceptional Front of House, Box Office and Administrative services and maintains a high standard for staff and volunteers as ambassadors for Harbourfront Theatre.
- Recruit, train, schedule and supervise volunteers in roles including ticket takers and ushers, greeters, bartenders, merchandise and 50/50 sellers.
- Maintain regular communication with the volunteer body, volunteer records and coordinate volunteer reward initiatives and recognition events.
Front of House Management:
- Oversee guest services during theatre performances.
- Coordinate concession, merchandising and 50/50 sales.
- Assist guests with special needs.
- Effectively resolve patron concerns.
- Execute hospitality for performing artists.
- Maintain decorum during post-show autograph sessions.
- Verify final house counts, nightly deposits and prepare shift reports.
- Receive and direct callers and visitors, deliveries and building services.
- Maintain office systems and organization; order supplies.
- Administer and balance petty cash.
- Coordinate accommodations for visiting performers.
- Order concession stock and supplies, liquor and janitorial supplies.
- Set up meeting rooms and lobby events.
- Liaise with ticketing supplier to set up events for sale.
- Schedule and supervise box office personnel.
- Develop and maintain box office policies and procedures.
- Administer ticket donations to charitable events.
- Comfort and confidence in directing and leading others
- Strong aptitude for communicating verbally and in writing to different audiences
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with many disruptions
- Ability to interact professionally with the public, theatre clients and fellow employees
- Proactive, responsive and considerate of the needs of guests, staff and volunteers
Permanent position, 35 hrs per week, possibly more in peak times.
Position to begin on or about May 22, 2018. Training provided.
To apply, submit resume with cover letter to:
Harbourfront Theatre, Attn: Mary Dennis
124 Heather Moyse Drive, Summerside, PE, C1N 5Y8
No phone calls please.