Box Office Attendant
Reporting to senior theatre management, box office attendants are responsible for providing exceptional customer service to Harbourfront Theatre guests in promoting the theatre’s activities and events. Often the first point of contact for theatre patrons, box office attendants are expected to be friendly, enthusiastic, approachable and knowledgeable ambassadors, helping to ensure the best possible overall guest experience at Harbourfront Theatre.
Primary Duties of the position:
- Develop solid knowledge of all events, artist profiles and ticket prices
- Provide thorough, accurate and persuasive information about upcoming events, in person, on the telephone and online
- Assist patrons with seat selection, including special needs patrons
- Process ticket sales and receive payment using cash till and/or Interac terminal
- Provide ticket counts and sales reports to theatre management, rental clients and artist management companies
- Manage waiting lists for sold out performances
- Prepare sales balancing reports at the end of each shift
- Respond to customer concerns and complaints in a calm, informative and helpful manner
- Write in and monitor a daily communications log
- Maintain cleanliness and order in work area
- Assist with promotional displays and materials
Skills and attributes
- Clear, logical thinker
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Experience handling cash
- Keen active listening skills
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and return quickly to tasks after interruptions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner and knowledge of business etiquette
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Friendly and outgoing demeanour
Terms of employment: Permanent part time
Hours: Flexible hours, including evenings and/or weekends, depending on the theatre’s performance schedule. Hours may range from 10-25 hours per month, possibly more during peak times.
Salary range: Starting at $12.25
How to apply: Please send a resume and cover letter specifying the position title.
By mail: Harbourfront Theatre
Attn. Mary Dennis
124 Heather Moyse Drive
Summerside, PE C1N 5Y8
By fax: (902) 888-4468
In person: 124 Heather Moyse Drive Summerside
Mon-Fri between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm
(Please note: this is for resume drop off only; interviews will not be conducted at time of application.)
By email: email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE.