SUNDAY, MAY 5TH, 7:30 PM
Regular: $32.00 tax & fees included
Student (19yrs & under): $22.00 tax & fees included
Package & Save: Purchase our “Try Something New” package consisting of 1 ticket to each of the following shows: RUBBERBANDance (Apr. 24), Rebecca Perry: From Judy to Bette (May 5), & Chase Padgett: Nashville Hurricane (May 8). Three performances together in one price. Learn more.
Rebecca Perry: From Judy to Bette
The Stars of Old Hollywood
Judy Garland, Bette Davis, Lucille Ball and Betty Hutton: trailblazers who refused to be “just another ingénue” during the golden age of cinema. An evening of scandalous headlines and marvellous melodies. Critically-acclaimed Toronto creator and performer Rebecca Perry takes to the stage to look at the lives of the ladies who broke convention and started something bigger, perhaps, than even they knew. With this affecting show, Perry shows that she not only creates her own wonderful characters, but beautifully inhabits those – maybe even larger still than her own – that inspire her.
- Premièred to critical acclaim at the Next Stage Theatre Festival in Toronto, ON in January 2016 – one of ten shows selected from across Canada for the festival!
- Sold out the entire 12-performance run at the festival.
- Written by award-winning solo show writer and performer Rebecca Perry.
- “Expertly weaving stories, songs, and impressions, Perry once again shows off her knack for making everyone forget that they’re watching a one-woman show” – ★★★★ – Torontoist
- “[Perry] does not impersonate; she encapsulates” “A smart, sharp portrait of four women who changed Hollywood performed by a smart, sharp performer…who sets the standard for such shows” – The Slotkin Letter
- “Perry has a gorgeous jazz voice, capable of Cole Porter-esque perkiness and soulful richness” – ★★★★ – Broadway Baby
- “Perry doesn’t do impersonations … she channels the women” – Mooney on Theatre