Front of House and Promotions Assistant
The duties of this position will relate to (a) promoting the theatre and its events in the community with a focus on the execution of the summer marketing and promotional plan; and (b) the provision of exceptional front of house services to our summer patrons during performances through personal interaction, execution of tasks and solid supervision of other front of house staff.
Temporary full time, 35 hours per week for 8 weeks, July 2 to August 24, 2019.
Salary: $13.25 per hour
Eligible applicants must be youth between 18 and 30 years of age.
Specific tasks will include:
- prepare and distribute promotional pieces such as posters and flyers;
- assist with production of house programmes;
- execute coordination of hospitality for visiting performing artists;
- engage with the community by promoting theatre shows at other local attractions and events;
- assist with archival projects;
- assist with training, scheduling and supervision of theatre ushers and ticket takers, both paid and volunteer;
- serve as assistant front of house manager, overseeing guest services during performances;
- general office errands such as purchasing and restocking supplies;
- assist with managing concessions, 50/50, and merchandise sales during performances;
- coordinate staff and volunteer social functions;
- prepare sales, marketing and shift summary reports.
How to apply: Please send a resume and cover letter specifying the position title.
By mail: Harbourfront Theatre
Attn. Mary Dennis
124 Heather Moyse Drive
Summerside, PE C1N 5Y8
By fax: (902) 888-4468
In person: 124 Heather Moyse Drive Summerside
Mon-Fri between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm
(Please note: this is for resume drop off only; interviews will not be conducted at time of application.)
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE.