This is a casual, part time relief position that could involve evenings and/or early mornings, weekends, and possibly some holidays. Hours of work are flexible and inconsistent and depend on the theatre’s performance schedule.
The custodian is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of the Harbourfront Theatre building, including lobby and entrances, offices, washrooms, theatre seating area, backstage area and dressing rooms. This includes Covid-19 enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop and/or scrub floors and stairs.
- Clean, sanitize and restock washrooms, showers and dressing rooms.
- Gather and empty trash and recyclables.
- Clean, dust and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners according to specifications, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner and are used responsibly.
- Perform other related duties as required
Skills, Attributes and Qualifications
- Punctual, dependable and reliable; cooperative and adaptable
- Able to accurately follow oral and written directives and prioritize tasks, and demonstrate attention to detail
- Capable of finishing assigned tasks effectively within limited time
- Proficient in reading and understanding labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
- Must have or obtain WHMIS certification
- Previous janitorial experience and/or knowledge of industrial type cleaning techniques and requirements is preferred, but not required
This position involves physical exertion; i.e. walking, bending, reaching, lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing floor cleaning equipment, climbing ladders, and may occasionally involve working at moderate heights.
Email your resume to Mary at email@example.com. We appreciate all applications but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.