Marketing and Community Outreach Coordinator
We are looking for someone to come on board ready to hit the ground running, who is self-driven while also working with a team dynamic. You will work closely with senior management while you help to plan and execute marketing objectives, build a strong community connection and drive fundraising initiatives within this non-profit organization. Don’t miss the opportunity to join an amazing team, become part of a 25-year legacy and help bring the arts to Prince Edward Island.
The overall objectives of the position include:
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for marketing and promotion, community outreach, income generation and awareness-raising for Harbourfront Theatre.
- Promote the productions, services and public image of Harbourfront Theatre.
- Engage in market research to identify target markets and their wants and needs.
- Cultivate and maintain media contacts in order to generate relevant stories, interviews and other media coverage for the theatre.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with schools and community groups; work with other community organizations to educate and inform them about Harbourfront Theatre.
- Develop and implement a successful social media strategy.
- Identify potential sponsors and donors through networking and community engagement activities.
- Deliver messaging using a variety of tools, including events, brochures, web, video and social media as well as traditional advertising.
- Develop corporate theatre rentals.
Specific duties / responsibilities include:
- Write news releases, articles, calendar listings and PSAs, ensuring consistency and accuracy as well as engaging and informative content.
- Plan, organize and manage opening nights, promotional events and media conferences.
- Solicit, arrange and organize media interviews (print, radio, TV).
- Arrange scheduling, design and placement of print, radio and television advertising.
- Development of season brochure from concept and design through implementation and printing, including ad sales.
- Promotion of individual shows and series programming.
- Maintain and update Harbourfront Theatre website and social media content.
- Creation and distribution of regular E-newsletter.
- Network and represent Harbourfront Theatre at industry events and community gatherings.
- Analyze the impact of marketing campaigns and prepare measurement reports.
- Work with fundraising committee and assist in achieving fundraising goals.
- Assist with development of solicitation packages for potential sponsors.
Terms of employment: Full Time, Temporary (11 month) Term
Hours: 32 hr/week
Salary range: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
How to apply: Please send a resume and cover letter specifying the position title.
By email: email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The position’s tentative start date is July 19th, 2021 . This position is to fill a vacancy from a parental leave.