Last Updated: 9:30am | April 2, 2020
Harbourfront Theatre’s Ongoing Response to COVID-19:
Harbourfront Theatre takes its responsibility to our community very seriously and continues to follow the recommendations of our provincial health authorities made in response to COVID-19.
The Harbourfront Theatre building is closed to the public until physical-distancing recommendations are lifted and our provincial health authorities let us know that we may re-open the theatre.
Gift certificates & tickets for future events can still be bought online. The status of future events will be updated on our website (here). To find out what you can expect as a ticket-holder of an upcoming event in case it is cancelled or postponed, see our question section below (click here).
Our Box Office & Administration:
- Online Box Office is open 24/7 for ticket & gift certificate purchases.
- Physical Box Office is closed but can be contacted by email (email@example.com).
- Please note for emails: Due to the volume of emails, staff may not get to respond to everyone right away, so we thank our patrons for their patience and understanding during this time. Please keep reading for info about what happens when an event is cancelled or postponed to see if it answers questions you may have.
- Our administration team is working remotely and can be contacted by email (see our contact page).
Thank-you for your ongoing support! Let’s keep working together to care for ALL our neighbours by following our Chief Health Officer’s wisdom during this time.
For the best and latest information about PEI’s Covid-19 response and for recommendations by our provincial health authorities, visit www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/topic/covid-19.
Your Harbourfront Team
Status of Upcoming Events:
We thank our patrons for their patience as we make arrangements for our upcoming events and as we communicate with all the artists and tour managers involved in our season.
When we cancel or postpone an upcoming event, we will post about it on our website first and then contact affected ticket-holding patrons.
Currently Cancelled Events (updated April 2, 9:30am AST):
- Ria Mae (March 14) – due to the decision made by Harbourfront Theatre after March 13th announcement from PEI’s Chief Health Officer.
- Jill Barber: Dedicated to You (April 4) – Please note: This event was previously categorized as rescheduled, but due to tour scheduling issues, this event is now sadly cancelled.
- The Jon Dore Comedy Show (April 18) – due to artist’s Atlantic tour being cancelled.
- (Events will be posted here as announced.)
Currently Postponed Events (updated April 2, 9:30pm AST):
- Twin Flames (April 3) – New Date: April 7, 2021 | Ticket-holding patrons are being notified of the date change by email.
- Alan Doyle: Rough Side Out (April 7) – New Date: October 8, 2020 | Ticket-holding patrons have been emailed with more info.
- Canada’s Ballet Jörgen’s Anne of Green Gables – The Ballet™ (April 9) – New Date: May 21, 2021 | Ticket-holding patrons are being emailed with more info.
- Lunch at Allen’s (April 22) – New Date: October 16, 2020 | Ticket-holding patrons have been emailed with more info.
- The Legendary Downchild Blues Band: 50th Anniversary Tour (April 24) – New Date: October 18, 2020 | Ticket-holding patrons have been emailed with more info.
- The Lonely: Celebrating the Music of Roy Orbison (May 27) – New Date: October 29, 2020 | Ticket-holding patrons are being emailed with more info.
Events with Imminent Updates to Come (updated March 30, 9:50pm AST):
- Between Breaths (April 19) – We are currently working to reschedule this event. Thank-you for your patience.
- The Harbourfront Players: Who’s Under Where? (May 1, 2, 8, 9, & 10) – We are currently exploring our options for new dates. Thank-you for your patience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What happens if Harbourfront cancels an event that I have tickets for?
- What happens if Harbourfront postpones an event that I have tickets for?
- If I need to return tickets (because an event is cancelled or postponed), can I get a theatre credit or refund AND still donate some of the value of my tickets to help out the theatre during this time?
- Can I make a donation to help Harbourfront Theatre keep going during this time?
- Can I buy gift certificates online?
What happens if we cancel or postpone an event that you have tickets for?
If we cancel an event:
- You will be contacted by email (the email associated with your ticket purchase) to let you know of the cancellation and about getting your refund for your tickets.
- All ticket purchases will be refunded, but we would ask you to consider crediting or donating the value of you tickets to help us during this difficult time.
- Box Office will confirm the status of your refund by email to let you know it’s been processed.
- Please note: Due to the volume of emails we are receiving, we may not be able to respond to questions & requests right away. We ask for your patience and understanding, and we assure you that no one will be forgotten and that everyone will receive what they are due.
- We also ask that you consider helping the theatre through this crisis by allowing us to EITHER:
- credit your account instead of refunding so that you keep your investment at Harbourfront and get to enjoy a future event and in doing so support the theatre in this hard time.
- OR like other patrons, you can consider donating some or all of the value of your tickets back to Harbourfront to help sustain us and our future during this time. Charitable tax receipts can be issued for this type of donation. Simply request a tax receipt when you talk to our Box Office about doing this.
- Thank-you for considering these options. Your help means A LOT to us as we do our best to sustain our future for the long-term.
If we postpone an event:
- You will be contacted by the email associated with your ticket purchase to let you know the event has been postponed and what the new date will be.
- You will be asked to hold onto your tickets as they will be honoured in every way for the new date.
- If you cannot make the new date, contact us before the new performance date to arrange a theatre credit, refund, or donation.
- Please note: In the case of needing to make an exchange or to request credit for a postponed event, we want to assure you there is no need to contact us right away to make arrangements. We will be able to help you at any time before the new date of the event.
If I need to return tickets for a cancelled/postponed event, can I donate a portion of the value of my tickets AND receive the rest as a theatre credit or refund?
Yes! For sure, and it’s so easy for Box Office to do for you. You can donate the full value of your tickets, or you can donate a portion of the value and get the remaining amount returned to you as theatre credit or a refund. You picking one of these options helps us immensely during this difficult time when our current closure greatly impacts our future ability to operate. Charitable tax receipts can be issued upon request if the value of your donation is $20 or greater.
We can get through this difficult time with YOUR help! Thank-you!
Can I make a donation to help Harbourfront Theatre keep going during this time?
You are amazing! YES, thank-you so much for the question. Having to cancel some events and being closed right now is very much impacting our ability to sustain our operations in the long-term. We are very concerned, and we really do need help. You can make a donation of any amount at www.harbourfronttheatre.com/donate/.
Can I buy gift certificates online?
YES, you can buy a gift certificate online (our system refers to these as “gift vouchers”). You can buy one for yourself or as a gift for someone else. How does it work? You select the amount you want for your gift certificate, and it will ask you for an email to send the special gift voucher code to. The gift voucher code can then be redeemed at harbourfronttheatre.com or at our Box Office. Its value never expires.