Last Updated: 11:32am | June 1, 2020
Harbourfront Theatre’s Ongoing Response to COVID-19:
Harbourfront Theatre takes its responsibility to our community very seriously and continues to follow the recommendations of our provincial health authorities made in response to COVID-19.
Learn more about what’s happening at Harbourfront right now:
- Message from Harbourfront & Status of Current Operations
- Status of Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
Message from Harbourfront:
Harbourfront Theatre’s Box Office and Administration Office are currently closed to the public in response to covid-19. Box Office and administration can ONLY be contacted via email currently due to the fact we continue to work primarily remotely. Our operations continue to run virtually. Please contact our Box Office at email@example.com with any questions or requests.
Gift certificates & tickets for future events can still be bought online. The status of future events will be updated on our website (here). To find out what you can expect as a ticket-holder of an upcoming event in case it is cancelled or postponed, see our question section below (click here).
Our Box Office & Administration:
- Online Box Office is open 24/7 for ticket & gift certificate purchases.
- Physical Box Office is closed but can be contacted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please note for emails: Due to the volume of emails, staff may not get to respond to everyone right away, so we thank our patrons for their patience and understanding during this time. Please keep reading for info about what happens when an event is cancelled or postponed to see if it answers questions you may have.
- Our administration team is working remotely and can be contacted by email(see our contact page).
- If you have tickets to a cancelled event and have not heard from us, we have been trying to reach you by the phone number and email we have on your account; but we have not succeeded in reaching you. We recognise that the contact info we have for you may be outdated or may contain an error.
- Please contact us by email (email@example.com) so that we can rectify this and refund your cancelled tickets to the preference of your choice as soon as possible.
- If you have tickets for a postponed event and cannot attend on the new date, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime before the new date to return your tickets, and we’ll respond to confirm your refund preference of choice and then return your tickets as requested as soon as possible. (Please Note: This may take a few business days.)
Thank-you for your ongoing support! Let’s keep working together to care for ALL our neighbours by following our Chief Health Officer’s wisdom during this time.
For the best and latest information about PEI’s Covid-19 response and for recommendations by our provincial health authorities, visit www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/topic/covid-19.
Your Harbourfront Team
Status of Upcoming Events:
We thank our patrons for their patience as we make arrangements for our upcoming events and as we communicate with all the artists and tour managers involved in our season.
When we cancel or postpone an upcoming event, we will post about it on our website first and then contact affected ticket-holding patrons.
Cancelled Events (updated July 3, 2020, 11:40 am AST):
- No upcoming events are cancelled at this time. Events will be posted here as announced.
What happens when an event I have tickets to is cancelled? See our FAQ page for Cancelled Events. *Please note: if no email is associated with your account, we will need to contact you by phone number. We have not yet been able to call everyone who has no email associated with their account and who has purchased tickets to a cancelled event. Our apologies for the delay.
Postponed Events (updated July 3, 2020, 11:40 am AST):
- Twin Flames (original date: April 3, 2020) – New Date: April 7, 2021 | Ticket-holding patrons are being notified of the date change by email.
- Alan Doyle: Rough Side Out (original date: April 7, 2020) – New Date: January 12, 2021 | Ticket-holding patrons have been emailed with more info. Please note: This event was originally rescheduled to October 8, 2020, but due to a change in the artist’s schedule, the event has been rescheduled to January 12th.
- Canada’s Ballet Jörgen’s Anne of Green Gables – The Ballet™ (original date: April 9, 2020) – New Date: May 21, 2021 | Ticket-holding patrons are being emailed with more info.
- Between Breaths – Artistic Fraud of Newfoundland (original date: April 19, 2020) – New Date: Spring 2021 | The specific date will be announced as soon as possible. We’re waiting for the green light from the touring company before we can announce our confirmed date. Ticket-holding patrons are being emailed with an explanation and instructed that they will receive another email with the new date.
- Lunch at Allen’s (original date: April 22, 2020) – New Date: October 16, 2020 | Ticket-holding patrons have been emailed with more info.
- The Legendary Downchild Blues Band: 50th Anniversary Tour (original date: April 24, 2020) – New Date: October 18, 2020 | Ticket-holding patrons have been emailed with more info.
- The Lonely: Celebrating the Music of Roy Orbison (original date: May 27, 2020) – New Date: October 29, 2020 | Ticket-holding patrons are being emailed with more info.
- ABBA Revisited (original date: May 30) – New Date: June 5, 2021 | Ticket-holding patrons are being contacted by email with more info.
- North America’s #1 Tritube to Neil Diamond (original date: October 2, 2020) – New Date: September 18, 2021 | Ticket-holding patrons are being contacted by email with more info.
What happens when an event I have tickets to is postponed? See our FAQ page for Postponed Events. *Please note: if no email is associated with your account, we will need to contact you by phone number. We have not yet been able to call everyone who has no email associated with their account and who has purchased tickets to a postponed event. Our apologies for the delay.
Summer 2021 Season (updated April 20, 2020, 11:30am AST):
Our summer season is on hold until further notice. We won’t announce any future programming until we have a better idea of when we can re-open to events in a manner that is safe for our patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff. We will always continue to follow the directives of our provincial health authority.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What happens if Harbourfront cancels an event that I have tickets for?
- What happens if Harbourfront postpones an event that I have tickets for?
- If I need to return tickets (because an event is cancelled or postponed), can I get a theatre credit or refund AND still donate some of the value of my tickets to help out the theatre during this time?
- Can I make a donation to help Harbourfront Theatre keep going during this time?
- Can I buy gift certificates online?
- How can I redeem theatre credit online?
What happens if we cancel or postpone an event that you have tickets for?
If we cancel an event:
(Note: More details available on the FAQ: Cancelled Events page)
- You will be contacted by email (the email associated with your ticket purchase) to let you know of the cancellation and about your options for your refund.
- All ticket purchases will be refunded upon receiving notification of your refund preference (refund to original method of payment, to theatre credit, as a donation, or a mix of any of the three options).
- Box Office will confirm the status of your refund by email to let you know it’s been processed.
- Please note: Due to the volume of emails we are receiving, we may not be able to respond to questions & requests right away. We ask for your patience and understanding, and we assure you that no one will be forgotten and that everyone will receive what they are due.
- We also ask that you consider helping the theatre through this crisis by allowing us to EITHER:
- credit your account instead of refunding to original method of payment so that you keep your investment at Harbourfront and get to enjoy a future event and in doing so support the theatre in this hard time.
- OR like other patrons, you can consider donating some or all of the value of your tickets back to Harbourfront to help sustain us and our future during this time. Charitable tax receipts are available for donations of $20 and over.
- Thank-you for considering these options. Your help means A LOT to us as we do our best to sustain our future for the long-term.
If we postpone an event:
(Note: More details available on the FAQ: Postponed Events page)
- You will be contacted by the email associated with your ticket purchase to let you know the event has been postponed and what the new date will be.
- You will be asked to hold onto your tickets as they will be honoured in every way for the new date.
- If you cannot make the new date, contact us before the new performance date to arrange a theatre credit, refund, or donation.
- Please note: In the case of needing to make an exchange or to request credit for a postponed event, we want to assure you there is no need to contact us right away to make arrangements. We will be able to help you at any time before the new date of the event.
If I need to return tickets for a cancelled/postponed event, can I donate a portion of the value of my tickets AND receive the rest as a theatre credit or refund?
Yes! For sure, and it’s so easy for Box Office to do for you. You can donate the full value of your tickets, or you can donate a portion of the value and get the remaining amount returned to you as theatre credit or a refund. You picking one of these options helps us immensely during this difficult time when our current closure greatly impacts our future ability to operate. Charitable tax receipts can be issued upon request if the value of your donation is $20 or greater.
We can get through this difficult time with YOUR help! Thank-you!
Can I make a donation to help Harbourfront Theatre keep going during this time?
You are amazing! YES, thank-you so much for the question. Having to cancel some events and being closed right now is very much impacting our ability to sustain our operations in the long-term. We are very concerned, and we really do need help. You can make a donation of any amount at www.harbourfronttheatre.com/donate/.
Can I buy gift certificates online?
YES, you can buy a gift certificate online (our system refers to these as “gift vouchers”). You can buy one for yourself or as a gift for someone else. How does it work? You select the amount you want for your gift certificate, and it will ask you for an email to send the special gift voucher code to. The gift voucher code can then be redeemed at harbourfronttheatre.com or at our Box Office. Its value never expires.
How do I use theatre credit to buy tickets online?
If you have theatre credit, you can use it to purchase tickets or gift certificates online. During the check-out process (beneath the box that lets you apply a gift certificate code to your purchase), you’ll have the opportunity to see how much theatre credit is on your account and to check a box to apply the credit to your purchase. It’s that easy!